Frequently Asked Questions about our Farm:
Who we are:
We are a Privately-Owned Organic Lavender Farm. We grow multiply varieties of lavender that we then distill and use in our commercial products. We educate people on the organic growing of lavender, the uses of essential oil and we host private workshops and events.
What are your hours of operation?
Our operation hours are in May and June only, Wednesday to Sunday from 10:00am-3:00pm. We do maintain office hours during the week year-round to answer questions: Tuesday to Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm
Is there an entrance fee?
There is no entrance fee, but we do charge a parking fee of $10 per car on Saturday and Sunday during bloom season.
Is there a fee for a Weekend/Private Tour?
Yes, there is a fee of $15.00 per person for weekend tours. Private tours can be scheduled between Wednesday to Friday with advanced notice cost is $300 per group, group maximum of 25. Distillation demo for private groups is extra.
Tour buses must have a scheduled appointment before arriving.
Is there a Restaurant on site?
No, there is no restaurant on site. We do host, Ms. Jones’ Tea House, which serves lavender tea, lemonade and small snacks.
Can we take photos?
Of course, you may take photos for your personal use. Please stay out of our rows as we would like to avoid any harm to our Lavender plants. For private photoshoot sessions please contact us for pricing.
How do I get to Keys Creek Lavender Farm?
Be sure to use the map and directions provided on our website. GPS and any other navigational tool does not properly support our rural area. Click here for our map and directions.
When are the Lavender Fields in bloom?
Our Peak Bloom Season is May and June of each year. We have multiple varieties of lavender and each variety blooms at different times from May well into July. Weather plays an integral part in our bloom season, but anytime during May and June is a great time to visit.
Do you have plants for sale?
We have plants for sale in May and June near our Farm Store. Specific varieties may vary.
Are ticket sales/reservations refundable?
All ticket sales and reservations for farm happenings are non-refundable.
What is Lavender Essential Oil used for?
Lavender is one of the most gentle and versatile essential oils. It is used in a wide array of skin and hair care products as well as pain relievers, cleaning products and more.
Lavender essential oil can bring clarity, peace of mind and emotional balance. It is frequently used to treat insomnia, depression, stress and worry.
- Aching Muscles: Soak in a warm bath with Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender.
- Acne: It inhibits the bacteria that cause skin infection and helps to rebalance the over-secretion of sebum. Add a couple of drops to your toner or face cream.
- Cuts and burns: Apply neat to soothe pain, prevent bacterial infection and aid in scar free healing.
- Earache: Warm a bottle of lavender oil in hot water, and then gently massage a few drops into the skin around the ear. A little olive oil can be mixed with a few drops of essential oil and used in the same way for babies and small children.
- Fatigue: A few drops of essential oil added to a hot foot bath relaxes one instantly. The soles of the feet absorb the therapeutic properties of lavender very quickly, creating a soothing effect throughout the body.
- Faintness: Create your own smelling salts with sea salt, lavender oil, peppermint oil and basil oil.
- Moths: Hang lavender sachets on your coat hangers or keep them among your sweaters. Refresh them with a drop or two of essential oil from time to time.
- Mosquitoes: Spray lavender water over your body to prevent bites, dab neat essential oil on a cotton ball and place on your window sill to repel insects from entering and if you have a bite, apply directly to soothe itching.
- Stress: Spritz yourself throughout the day with Lavender water and apply neat oil to your temples.
- Sunburn: Spray lavender water directly onto the skin to soothe the burn, or soak in a tepid bath with a few drops of pure essential oil added.
**We invite you to join our email family. Receiving our email newsletter is the best way to stay up-to-date on all our activities and Special Events. To sign up, simply visit our website at www.kclfarm.com and enter your information in the “Join Our Newsletter” section here.
**No dogs allowed, we love dogs but due to our organic status, we can not have dogs in the fields.